Welcome to The Creative Writing Class Blog of Englit '45

Backstreet

Posted by Creating Class 2005 | Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 | Posted in

A girl who named Mayang Oktalenta is very happy because now she is a senior high school student. She doesn’t use white and blue uniform anymore. Mayang finds her new world. She fells that she can be a better person than before.
When the first time she entered Global Prestasi High School, she did not have any friend. Now, she has many friends even best friend, named Arista Tikaria. She is a kind girl. She is lovable and always smiles.
They always go everywhere together. They share everything and give advice each other.



***

The school bell rings. All the students of Global Prestasi High School enter their classes. Mayang and Rista also enter their class. Not long after that, Mam Diah enters the class.

“Good morning everyone.” Greet Mam Diah.
“Good morning, mam.” Reply the students.
“Mayang…!” Call Mam Diah, she gives a sign to Mayang to get closer with her. Mayang obey her quickly.

“What’s the matter,mam?” ask Mayang.
“Can you take the books which you and your friends submitted last week in the office?” request Mam Diah. Mayang nods her head then walk outside the class.
Going outside the class is a pleasurable moment for Mayang. She thinks that sitting down in the class is like sitting in the jail. Because of that, Mayang loves rest time. Even if Mayang is determined now, she will go home. However, going home is the same with escaping from the jail, Mr. Principle will be angry? Waa…!!! It is so scary!

Mayang arrives at the teacher office. There is no one inside. It is not difficult to find the books. She get closer to Mam Diah’s table and take the books.
Ah…it is very heavy, Mam Diah should ask Rista to help me taking these books. Mayang says to her self.

With full of spirit, she is able to take the books. She walks slowly to the class. In front of the office room, a boy from second grade runs fast to the teacher office and struck mayang.

BUK!!
“Ahhh!!”
Mayang falls down, the books are in a mess. The boy is surprised. Then he helps Mayang to arrange back the books.

“I’m so sorry…”Says the boy. He gives the books to Mayang. He smiles.
“Thanks for helping me.” Says Mayang. Her face is blushing.
“Your welcome.” Reply the boy who is tall and has long hair. In fact, the boy is very cute.

Mayang often see this boy. But she just realized that he is cool and very kind. His voice is soft! It’s very hard to find a senior like him.
“I’m leaving.” Says Mayang. She remembers that Mam Diah exactly waits for her. The boy nods his head. He smiles again.
Aww. His smile
Before mayang moving, the boy walks through her to take some books.
Sengg…His perfume makes Mayang lost control.
“smell’s good!” Whisper Mayang to her self. Mayang smiles and walks to the class.

***

“Did you go to the office or Sumatra?!” Say Rista when Mayang And her go outside the class.

“You know, I met the most gorgeous boy in the world!” says Mayang.
“oh My God, He is very cute” tell Mayang to Rista while walking to the school gate to go home.

“I’m sure if you meet him, I bet you will fall in love with him. It is the same with me. Nevertheless, Remember! Don’t take him!!!” Say Mayang.
“Oh really!!” Rista rolls her eyes. She does not believe it.

“Wait!” Says Mayang.

“What’s wrong?” ask Rista.

“Look!” Mayang points to the boy who is drinking sofdrink under the tree with his friends.

“That’s the boy! See! He is very gorgeous.” Says Mayang closing her eyes.
“Oh… Ariel.” Says Rista

“Who’s Ariel?” ask Mayang.

“The boy who is drinking softdrink under the tree with his friend. That one, right? Who is wearing black bag? That’s Ariel” Explain Rista.

“How do you know his name?”

“I knew it when the first time I entered this school. I met him in the office. His friends called him, Ariel.” Say Rista.

Ariel…nice name.

“Rista!!!” Mayang screams.

“What?”

“He’s coming!”

“Oh my goodness. I think you scream because of earthquake.”

Ariel is walking. He is passing the two girls and he is stealing a glance at them.
Sengg…His perfume, again, makes Mayang lost control but now Rista also lost her control.

“ His perfume… I like the smell” Say Rista smoothly.

Mayang looks at her suspiciously.
***

Mayang comes five minutes before seven o’clock. Usually at 06.45 Mayang is already in the class.

“Hi Mayang, What’s the matter?” Ask Rista.

“I woke up late since I couldn’t sleep last night.”

“Are you sick?” Say Rista touching Mayang’s forehead.

“I couldn’t sleep because I was always thinking about him.” Says Mayang.
Him? Who is him?” Asks Rista.

‘Ariel.”

“ooo…I saw him in his class.” Says Rista while opening a book.

“Really? What’s he doing?”

“He is copying homework.”

Mayang cleses her mouth.

“What’s up? You don’t like him anymore, right?” Ask Rista.

“Of course no. I’m surprised because he has the same hobby with me. Because of that, please take out your math book. I’m going to copy it. I have not done my homework.

Rista rolls his eyes and says,”Oh my God!”

***
To be continued…

Comments (0)