Welcome to The Creative Writing Class Blog of Englit '45

The Truth

Posted by Creating Class 2005 | Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 | Posted in

I saw an evil.
Every time you met me you always said that I wasn’t worthy to have all I got. You always thought that was because of you, all are yours. You’re the best and I was nothing.
“I deserve to get happiness” said I
“No, you’re not”
“But why?”
“Because definitely I’m the first and you’re the second”
“What’s wrong with you?”
“Nothing, I’m just jealous with you”
“Ok, I think this conversation is over”
“Em, no problem”
“Just leave this room!”
One of my servants entered the room “I’m so sorry Mam if I’m disturbing you but there’s someone out there and he wants to meet you soon” said he.
“Yes of course, no problem Amir. Just let the guest come in” I told him.
“O my dear, how are you?” the guest smiled at me.
“Wow you’re surprising me Uncle Ben. I’m really fine thank you and how about you?” I asked.
“I’m fine but just getting older than you met me a couple of years ago, Mrs. Johnson”
“No uncle, you always look young for me” I kissed one of his cheeks.
I and Uncle Ben had dinner together that night but it’s too bad that he couldn’t stay any longer.
“Did you tell about me to Uncle Ben, didn’t you?”
“No, I didn’t and where are you coming from, and why don’t you show up when he came? Hah, are you afraid of…” I said it with a big smile
“I’m must afraid of what?! The only one who must afraid of cheating is only you, My Mrs. Johnson. Or maybe you’re boring with all that you’ve got so you decide to put them back by telling the truth? Em, with my pleasure I’ll help you my lady.”
“You... Why are you always bothering me?! With the way you look which is always same like me, stop imitating me, evil” I really felt angry.
“Hey, my soul mate, why do you become so rude to me? Don’t you remember that we’re twin so that’s why we always look like each other and about imitating Mam, on the contrary because the one here who always imitating is you. ”
Kringgg…kringgg…kringgg. Ah, the phone rang and really felt glad with it.
“Hello” I hung up the ringing phone.
“O hello. Honey, I’m so sorry because I’ll go home late. The CEOs are asking a meeting to discuss about the new product of the company tomorrow early morning and that’s why I must prepare the concept this night since two hours ago. I’m really sorry dear because I can have dinner with you.” Said Mr. Johnson
“It’s fine, I’m understand about it. Em… Uncle Ben visited me about two hours ago and we had dinner together.” I told him about Uncle Ben visiting.
“What a surprise, but it’s too bad because I couldn’t meet him, maybe next time. “
“Yeah, he also said that he will move to this town next month because his project on the last town had already finished. So, we can visit him as often as we want.”
“Honey…there is something else that you want share with me? “
“I guess not.”
“Are you sure? Did Uncle Ben tell something hurt you? ” Mr. Johnson still asked his wife.
“Yes definitely I’m sure for one hundred percent, Boss “I convinced him.
“Did Uncle Ben tell you something em…about Jessica? “
I kept silence for a while “No honey, he didn’t say anything about her. Maybe he doesn’t want to remind that sad story.”
“Ok I’m glad to hear that. I will arrive at home maybe about next an hour. Be a good girl until I’ll get home.” Mr. Johnson finished the conversation.
I knew that I was a fortune woman. I had a very great man as my husband. Even I didn’t have anyone except uncle Ben as my family who take care of me since I was a little girl, I was still happy because Andrean Johnson really loved me without looked my family background and it’s enough for me to forget that I was an orphan.

“Hey... Jessica comes here soon. Look this beautiful view.” I heard my name and soon I came toward the sound.
“Yeah, it’s really amazing how come you find this place?” I asked her.
“Hahaha…it’s because I’m the best. I’m more blessed than you, Jessica. “She said it with laughing. Suddenly I felt that all my jealousy of her was getting more and more.
“Hello, I’m back” the familiar voice disturbed my daydreaming.
“You!” I felt angry.
“I thought that you’re flash back to the last time when we did our journey to the Gede Mountain a few years ago, isn’t it?”
I was not interesting to answer the question. “Just leave me alone, you evil” I screamed.
“Evil?! You said that I’m an evil? You’re the true evil and plus a big liar”
I threw a glass on my hand to her.
Pranggg”Ups… sorry but you miss it.”
“What do you want from me; please…I can’t handle this anymore. Every time you’re always bothering me and my life, I’m begging you to leave me alone.” I cried.
“You know what I want. I want everything from your life. If you give it, I will leave you alone.”
“Including my soul, isn’t it?” I looked at her face sharply.
And you smiled. I knew since the beginning that it would be over if I gave my life to her. I was tired with the situation. I took an envelope knife on the table.
Brakkk… honey what are you doing? Put it back, please” said my beloved husband
I shook my head.
“Seara please, put the knife down.” He still begged
“Seara? I’m not Seara. I’m Jessica. My name is Jessica. Seara was dead, she felt into the stream at Gede Mountain and not Jessica” I whispered
“Come on, do it Jessica. And I promise that it’ll be over for you and for me” said her
“Shut up, I hate you, you made my life so miserable” I cried again
“Hey, with whom you’ve talk to, Seara?” he confused
“I told you before that my name is Jessica and not Seara. Don’t you get it?” said I
“Ok... just be calm with the knife. And Let we talk to solve the problem.” He still begged
“You never love me. You always love Seara and not me.” I told him
“No, I love you always and you know it. Seara I’m sorry I mean Jessica.” He tried to make me calm.
“You never can forget her, don’t you?” I asked him again.
“I love you know and ever.” He answered my question.
“Even I’m Jessica and not Seara?
“Yes, I love you no matter who you are.”
“Liar, he is such a big liar, you know Jessica when I’m falling into the stream I was pregnant his child. It means that I’m his true love and not you. You are only a follower and a cheater. You took all what I had” the sound tried to make me confused.
I was really shocked to hear that and I couldn’t control my hand anymore.

“Jessica please helps me... I still love my life, I don’t want die soon” Seara panicked.
“Ok... I’ll try to get a help for you, just wait” I said.
“No, just give me your hand I’m really scare if you leave me alone.” Seara still panicked.
O God, why was that bad memory coming back at this time? I stabbed my chest.
“O, dear... what are you doing? I love you much. I know that you are Jessica and not Seara. I knew it since long ago, and also your uncle. He is really sorry that he can’t share his love to you as same as Seara. We know the truth and we kept silence because is not matter who ever you are.” He continued his sentences. “Seara got a cancer that’s why she really jealous with you because her time is not longer anymore. And Uncle Ben knew it since she was a little girl, that’s why he always gave his love much to Seara than to you.” He hugged me so tight look like that he wasn’t to share his life on me that time.
“But Seara was pregnant that time” I said it with my weakness.
“Yeah, I also know it but Seara knew that her life only left for five months and that’s why she is so possessive to me. I knew that you’re so afraid of letting Uncle Ben felt sad because of Seara and you chose that the dead body was Jessica and not Seara. But we knew it and ignored it because we love you. If I can turn back the time, I’ll chose you as my love and not Seara.” cried Andrean.
“Please help me… I don’t want to lose you and my life so soon” I whispered. But before I close my eyes I saw the smile, the usual smile from Seara. A victory smile, no… it’s an evil smile.

***

Comments (0)