Welcome to The Creative Writing Class Blog of Englit '45

A Little Girl and Me

Posted by Creating Class 2005 | Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 | Posted in

The wind blew softly, the weather cool enough and the smell of the fresh grass created a harmony even in a grave yard. The sound of a crying little girl in a front of a grave brake a quietness on that place. She cried slowly but every creatures on that place which was used to with the loneliness definitely was hampered by the sound even just a little.

She was a beautiful orphan girl. She looked pale with a pair of sad grey eyes and brunet hair. Her legs was very dirty because she didn’t wear sandals or shoes, she was barefeet. She spread some wild flowers on that grave with shaking hands which described that she could handle the emotions and what she felt on that time.

A black dove bird flew toward her which looked like it already there to share the little girl pain. She suddenly realized that not only her but also there was other lives which already existed there before her. She shook her head by hoping could find someone else and not only the bird there and she smiled a very charming smile because her hope was granted, she found me.

“Why you always cry little girl ?” I asked her.
“Because I feel so lonely without anyone beside me.”
“But you always cry everyday”
She smiled.

I looked at her eyes deeper “Hey, it doesn’t mean that you can cry like that.”
“Yeah, I know that isn’t good for me.”
“Um…OK” I couldn’t anymore to not caressed her hair “But what can I do for you to make you stop crying, dear ?”
“I will stop crying if I can go out of here, how is that ?” She said that with her innocent face.
“But I came here almost everyday to play with you. I always tells you a different story and gave you a candy when I came everyday.” I touched one of her chubby cheeks.

She showed me all her candies to me “you can take them back if you want to.”
It surprised me “Are you boring with the candies, honey ?”, “why you didn’t tell me since I gave it to you for the first time, six years ago ?” , “how about chocolate, hmm... ?”

She shook her head “No…I don’t anything from you. I know that I’ve already had you beside me and that’s enough but I promise you for not crying like that anymore with one condition that you will let me go, will you ?” There were tears on her face.

“OK !”
“Are you serious ?”
“Yeah, I was falling in love with you since I saw you for the first time; with your eyes twelve years ago and your crying for the first time in your life, Julia. And because we have the same destiny, to complete each other.”
She smiled and hold my face with her two little white hands “So, it’s the time right ?”

“Yup, it’s the time. It’s the right time, dear.” I convinced myself.
She whispered some strange air into my face and suddenly I felt free. We flew together through the sky. I looked down to the grave yard and saw her grave which was written “Julia Anniston, R.I.P on 12 October 2002”. Yeah, the Bali Bombing has token her life six years ago when I took her for vacation but unlucky me because that accident not took my life also but only her. That’s why I couldn’t let her go because I didn’t have anyone else in my life.

“We will be sister forever?” she asked.
“Yeah, we will be sister forever.” I convinced her and myself .

Comments (0)